Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My trip to Maumee

What is in Maumee,Ohio??? Well just the best wholesale fabric warehouse! They held their open house (63rd!) this past weekend; Sun.-Mon. I wish I could have attended on Sunday as it was schoolhouse time. The best teachers teaching new skills! And yesterday, demos and shopping!

I got to meet one of my heroes ( list: Mary Kay Ash, Paula Deen, Eleanor Burns, and Sue Hausmann!) of the sewing world; Sue Hausmann of America Sews/Viking! She was so nice and helpful; her hubby Herb took a photo of us; she really looks so much younger in person:)

And Edyta Sitar; what a sweet person; she makes fabulous quilts and is just so down to earth; she autographed a copy of her book Friendship Scraps.. and she is coming to Millington,MI in October I believe:))

Judy Neimeier (sp?) making her BEAUTIFUL paper pieced creations; she uses jelly rolls (2 and a half inch strips precut for you) in mainly batiks from Hoffman Co.
Look at these gorgeous quilts!!!!



Our Checker Rep! Marci, who is prettier than this photo I took!


One of the Swirly Girls showing a story board on how to use the new Creative Grids rulers to cut their quilts!


Ellen Medlock's butterfly quilt:)


Well, that is just a little of the goodies I saw! And I won a door prize; an Ott lite with magnifier!!! I SOOOO need that!

We had our first sewing class today; they made a pillowcase and they came out very cute. So much to work on!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment